Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Watsons' Go to Birmingham-1963 Project step 3

My family
Dear journal,
The year is 1963 and my mommy and my daddy have agreed on sending my big brother, Byron, to Birmingham for the summer or maybe even for the whole YEAR to spend the summer with Grandma Sands. I thought they just joking at first because my parents always say they would do something when they really don't. I am five years old. Kenny is ten and By is 13. By is still in the sixth grade for some reason. All I know is that no one speaks about it so I just keep quiet.

The weird watsons
Dear journal,
My family is different, you know, ''Unique''. I think that's what they call it. Anyway, that pretty much explains why people call us the ''Weird Watsons". My dad is very funny, my mom is a sweet person and she takes care of all us, Kenny, myself, and By. Kenny is the smartest and also the middle child. Kenny is the most if honest out of all of us. By, oh that Byron, he is the most moodiest thing you will ever MEET! You see, I don't understand why he gives mommy and daddy such a hard time. Lastly, me. I am the sweetest and yet the youngest. Mommy calls me her angel.

On our way to Birmingham
Dear journal,
Today we finally made it to Birmingham and met Grandma Sands. "She looks old but, that's grandmothers are supposed to look". I guessed.

No comments: